The Canyon Meadows Community Association (CMCA) is seeking a part-time, hourly flexible Community Animator for a one-year term position (until July 2018, subject to extension based on funding availability and strategic fit) to support the CMCA in its mission to be the hub of social and community life in Canyon Meadows.
The Community Animator will work closely with the Hall Manager and help to further engage our community and members by holding responsibility for CMCA events, community initiatives, and communication strategy.
The position is hourly flexible, at an average of 14 hours per week (700 hours over 12 months). The pay rate is set at $22 per hour, with 4% vacation pay (equivalent of 2 weeks of paid vacation per year). Please submit a cover letter and resumé to CMCA President Gurmit Bhachu at email@example.com by July 15, 2017.
- Community Development
- Implement board Community Engagement strategy
- Plan, promote, organize, schedule and lead programs, events and community activities on behalf of CMCA
- Support Board liaison with grant writing
- Communications Liaison
- Update Facebook, Website, Social Media accounts.
- Content creation for the CM Chronicle, blog, and email newsletter
- Maintenance of contact list of members, residents, volunteers
- Updating bold sign
- Volunteer Coordination
- Support board liaisons with the recruitment and support of volunteers
- Support the planning of volunteer appreciation events
- Member of CMCA Staff Team
- Provide coverage when hall manager is away or for rotating weekend responsibilities
- Liaise with Hall Manager
- Attend Board Meetings
Recognizing the limitations of the part-time nature of this position, the Community Animator is expected to support the planning and prioritization of tasks within the above-described role boundaries, rather than being expected to act on all of them, for the first year of the position.
- Community-oriented person
- Communications skills
- Skilled writer
- Computer/internet literacy
- Time management
Preference will be given to residents of Canyon Meadows, to maximize familiarity with the neighbourhood and the integration of community work. We encourage applications from everyone, including those in traditionally marginalized and excluded groups.