Alberta Parks is piloting swim lessons at Sikome Aquatic Facility in Fish Creek Provincial Park this summer 2017. The hopes are that they can continue to enhance the visitor experience at Sikome, and that they can ensure people visiting any provincial parks are better prepared to deal with outdoor water conditions.
The swim lessons are outlined on the website, and people can book online here:
We also are offering drop-in programs for people visiting Sikome. These include:
- Prepare to Survive – Boat Safety (Mondays at 6:00 pm & Saturdays at 1:00 pm)
- Be Water Smart – Beach Safety (Tuesdays at 6:00 pm
- Movin’ Quick – Swiftwater Safety (Wednesdays at 6:00 pm & Saturdays at 2:30 pm)
- Leave No Trace – Intro to Outdoors (Thursdays at 6:00 pm & Sundays at 1:00 pm)
- Love Thy Nature – Wildlife Safety (Fridays at 7:00 pm & Sundays at 2:30 pm)
These are listed on the Fish Creek Provincial Park events page along with our other great programs.