We love all our neighbours and don’t recommend any specific care provider. This listing is for reference purposes only. Please check references.
Has 3 kids, all currently elementary age and attending public school. As a teen she has babysat quite frequently, as a young adult she had various full day nanny type jobs, and as an adult with kids she has provided childcare in her home for various families. Provides childcare during the week and/or after school care for newborn age and up. Please contact her for more information, details, rates, etc.
Before and after school care
Accepts ages 2 and up.
A former teacher and before and after school care giver accepting an age range of 5-12 year olds.
Aspen Family and Community Network Society
Offers support for families in need in SE Calgary from their Midnapore office.
Southwest Community Resource Centre
Do you need information about resources or need a referral to other agencies? SWCRC provides residents in our communities with the support they need to move forward with their lives.
Residents living in South West Communities have FREE access to all their programs and services. If you are interested in registering for a program or booking a time with one of their community partners, please contact the office at 403 238-9222 for details on the referral process and the dates of availability.
Here’s a sampling of what they offer:
Get help to prepare your 2017 taxes. To be eligible for this FREE service individuals must earn $30,000 or less couples and families must earn $50,000 or less.
To register contact Bianca at 403-585-6482 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your half hour appointment, which will be held at the SouthWest Community Resource Centre. No walk-ins please.
Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting
An 8-week program for parents of children of all ages. Gain a better understanding of how your child thinks and feels at different ages, and enjoy a stronger relationship while achieving your parenting goals. Childcare onsite.
Chat ’N Play
This program is designed as a casual social time with parents and children ages 0-6. Drop by and meet other parents for coffee and play time.
This popular program will return this fall. Read stories, sing songs and get your parenting questions answered. In partnership with Further Education Society.
Inner Beauty, Self-Respect, Empowerment, Self-Love
* Learn Skills to Thrive
* Discover Your Unique Gifts
* Build Confidence & Self-Esteem
* Educate & Explore
* Connect and Share with Others
* Ages 12-15 (max. 8 people)
* Facilitator: Nicole St. Michel
* In Partnership with: FCSS Family & Community Support Services and Insight Counselling & Therapy Centre
For more information, or to register for this FREE program:
Call us 403.238.9222
Email us email@example.com
Visit us #42 2580 Southland Drive SW Oakridge Co-Op Shopping Centre
Browse us www.swcrc.ca
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Resume Critique Workshop
Interview Preparation Workshop
Living Life to the Full
This program includes 8 sessions where you’ll learn how to cope with anxiety, stress, transitions, and life’s challenges. In partnership with Canadian Mental Health Association.
Brain Development Conversations
Parents with children under 5 will learn about brain development at different ages, how stress impacts the brain, importance of positive interactions and helping your child control his or her emotions. In Partnership with the First 2000 days.
Youth Employment Workshop
A 3-session workshop provides job search, resume writing and interview skills for youth.
Family Literacy Program
Free program for immigrant families with children 3-5 years old to get their children ready for school.
For students in grade 7—12. Volunteers from our communities support youth with their homework and help them learn to be critical thinkers.
My Community, My Home
This is a new bi-weekly program at the SWCRC that offers senior immigrant women (50+) a place to build friendship, develop community support and reduce isolation.
The SWCRC builds partnerships that provide a variety of services that are closer to those who live in the south west. Agencies that offer programs in our Resource Centre:
Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association: Offering individual and Family counselling
Canadian Mental Health Association: Family Peer Support Program on Monday evenings
Columbia College Calgary: Pre-employment Skills Workshop
Homebridge: Homeless Prevention Program: Children’s Cottage
Immigration Service Calgary: Family Literacy Program
Trico Centre for Family Wellness is a non‐profit, community‐owned and operated recreation facility. At Trico Centre, you can work out in the fitness centre, use the gymnasium, swim, or skate, plus they have fun, active programs for all ages. Check the Program Guide or www.tricocentre.ca for more information on any of the activities and events.
2019 Summer Programs
Summer 2019 Guide
Our program guide is available on our website at https://tricocentre.ca/online‐registration/program‐guide and on stands.
Adults and Older Adults
- Fitness –Summer Programs for Adults include classes like Trim & Tone, Deadlift the Right Way, and Personal Training
- Older Adults – Balance Builders: Fall Prevention Program (65+) and Chair Yoga
Parents & Tots (16 months to 4 years)
- Fitness –Stroller Fit
- Aquatics –parent & tot swimming lessons, preschool (3‐5 years) swimming lessons, and more.
- Fun programs –Dance with Me, Sportball and Gym tots
Preschooler (3 to 6 years)
- Kangaroos and Krocodiles, Gotta Dance, Little Ballerina, Young Rembrandts, Mini Hoops, Sportarama, Sportball Multi Sport,
Children & Youth (6 to 14 years)
- Young Rembrandts, Young Rembrandts Cartooning, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Badminton Club, Basketball, Dodgeball, Sportball Multi Sport, Feet and Fins , Floor hockey and Flag Football
- Specialty skating programs including Intro to Hockey (4‐8 yrs., Intro to Hockey Adult & Child (4 yrs +), Power Skating & Conditioning (5‐12 yrs.).
Swimming Programs – Summer Start up July 2
- Swimming lessons for all ages and levels, private and group lessons available
- SwimAbilities program designed for children with special needs
- Try our NEW mermaid Tails swim classes for ages 5‐12
- Now offering Bronze Star and Bronze Medallion at Trico Centre! These classes are the stepping stones to
all further certifications, including Lifeguard and Swim Instructor